POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : cropping or cutting output : Re: cropping or cutting output Server Time
31 Jul 2024 18:25:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: cropping or cutting output
From: Olaf Doschke
Date: 27 Nov 2006 20:13:48
Message: <456b8d4c$1@news.povray.org>
> The following example gives more
> transparency on the outer part of the reflection of the object because the
> granite normal causes more of the reflected rays to miss the object:

I wish I could have the reflection fading
effect without the smearing effect of that
normal distortion. Would be better, if the
ray would be reflected more or less but
without a distortion.

I experimented with variable reflection,
which gave me no effect and then with
"fresnel on", but that needs an interior,
which funnily makes the ground opaque
again (black when ambient and diffuse=0),
even though color is rgbt 1.

And fresnel is very sensitively reacting to
ior changes and creates a rather abrupt
change from max to min reflection.

So after all I'm rather happy with your
solution. Thanks a lot!